1 cup (2 sticks) butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup walnuts (coarsely chopped)
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs with sugar until thick, add vanilla.
- Fold chocolate mixture into eggs and sugar and mix little more.
- Sift flour, fold gently into butter mixing just until blended. Add walnuts.
- Pour onto greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.