Classic holiday cookies filled with your favorite jam. This time I rolled them into shredded coconut but they are also delicious with walnuts or hazelnuts.
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, salt and then gradually add flour. Mix well.
- Shape dough into balls, roll in egg white then in coconut, place on a cookie sheet.
- Press down into the center of each ball to make an indentation.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool and then fill with your favorite jam.