So simple to make these soft and buttery Linzer cookies are perfect for any holiday.
1 cup butter
1.5 cup sugar
3.5 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Seedless raspberry jam
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Keep beating on low speed until dough forms.
- Form dough into two disks, wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Working with one disk at a time, place it onto floured surface; roll out dough with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shape. Cut equal number of each shape and then cut centers out of half the cookies.
- If dough becomes too soft, cover and refrigerate several minutes.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let it cool for few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of jam on flat side of whole cookie. Place cookie with holes on jam.
*These cookies can be stored in freezer up to 3 months.