Easy, great recipe for delicious date nut bars.
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pitted dates (coarsely chopped)
1 cup walnuts (coarsely chopped)
Powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 8-inch square pan or line with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs; add sugar slowly and keep beating until the mixture is fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and then add to egg mixture. Using rubber spatula stir to combine well.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest, and then stir in the dates and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool, cut into bars and sift on powder sugar.