Banana muffins dressed up with the apricot jam are best hot from the oven.
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
- Set oven to 375F
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add egg, milk, oil and mashed bananas.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Put a teaspoon of jam on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.